Thursday, August 7, 2008

Some Thoughts on Purpose and Potential

This post will simply be my way of sharing some words of wisdom. I enjoy reading quotes. They inspire me. They provide “food for thought” that can nourish the soul.

Here are just a few of my favorites about purpose and potential:


Find a purpose in life so big it will challenge every capacity to be at your best.
- David O. McKay

As far we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
- William Morrow

Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we
 have learned here. The spiritual journey is the unlearning 
of fear and the acceptance of love back into our hearts.

- Marianne Williamson

If you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of being, then I warn you that you'll be unhappy for the rest of your life.
- Abraham Maslow

Go to your bosom: Knock there, and ask your heart what it doth know.
- Shakespeare

Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
- Henry Van Dyke

1 comment:

L.Slanina said...

These are wonderful thoughts--I may pass them on to my students, and challenge them...